Fluid dynamics, micro/nano-scale heat and mass transport, interfacial phenomena, micro/nanofluidics, bioMEMS, lab-on-a-chip, micro/nano-fabrication, bubble dynamics, droplet dynamics, acoustics, acoustic streaming, electrohydrodynamics, electrokinetics, and multi-phase flow.
Selected Journal Publications
- B. Rallabandi, C. Wang, and S. Hilgenfeldt, "Two-dimensional streaming flows driven by sessile semi-cylindrical
microbubbles", Journal of Fluid Mechanics, accepted (2013).
- C. Wang, B. Rallabandi, and S. Hilgenfeldt, "Frequency dependence and frequency control of microbubble streaming
flows", Physics of Fluids, 022002, 2013.
- C. Wang, S. V. Jalikop, and S. Hilgenfeldt, "Efficient manipulation of microparticles in bubble streaming flows",
Biomicrofluidics, 2, 012801, 2012. (selected for the March 15, 2012 issue of
Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research)
- C. Wang, S. V. Jalikop, and S. Hilgenfeldt, "Size-sensitive sorting of microparticles through control of flow geometry",
Applied Physics Letters, 99, 034101, 2011. (selected for the August 1, 2011
issue of Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology)
- B. Kwon, C. Wang, K. Park, R. Bhargava, and W.P. King, "Thermomechanical Sensitivity of Microcantilevers in the Mid-infrared
Spectral Region", Nanoscale and Microscale Thermophysical Engineering,
15, 16-28, 2011. (cover article)
- C. Wang, T.N. Wong, C. Yang, and K.T. Ooi, "Characterization of electroosmotic flow in rectangular microchannels",
International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 50, 3115-3121, 2007.
- Y. Gao, C. Wang, T.N. Wong, C. Yang, N.T. Nguyen, and K.T. Ooi, "Electroosmotic control of the interface position of two-liquid flow through a
microchannel", Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 17, 358-
- C. Wang, N.T. Nguyen, T.N. Wong, Z. Wu, C. Yang, and K.T. Ooi, "Investigation of active interface control of pressure driven two-fluid flow in
microchannels", Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, 133, 323-328, 2006.
- C. Wang, N.T. Nguyen, and T.N. Wong, "Optical measurement of flow field and concentration field inside a moving
nanoliter droplet", Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, 133, 317-322, 2006.
- C. Wang, Y. Gao, N.T. Nguyen, T.N. Wong, C. Yang, and K.T. Ooi, "Interface control of pressure-driven two-fluid flow in microchannels using
electroosmosis", Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 15,