- Director, Intelligent Systems Center (ISC), UMR (2003-date)
- Keith and Pat Bailey Missouri Distinguished Professor, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, UMR (1999-date)
- New Jersey State Chair Professor in Manufacturing Productivity, Department of Mechanical Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology (1987-1999)
- Visiting Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Taiwan University, Republic of China (1993-1994)
- Visiting Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Natal, Republic of South Africa (1993)
- Assistant Professor, Sibley School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Cornell University (1981-1987)
Program Director, Manufacturing Processes and Equipment, Division of Design, Manufacture and Industrial Innovation, National Science Foundation (1996-1999)
Major Consulting Activities:
MoSci Corp., Oâ€™Fallon Casting, MetaStable Instruments, Siemens, Moog, Ford Motor, AT&T, Universal Instruments, Teltech, MARCO (Canada), and MIRL/ITRI (Taiwan).
Professional Affiliations and Activities:
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Virtual and Physical Prototyping, 2005-present.
- Editorial Board Member, CIRP Journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology, 2009-present.
- Editorial Board Member, International Journal of Manufacturing Engineering, 2012-present.
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Systems Integration, 1990-2000.
- Editor for the â€œCeramic Additive Manufacturing Processesâ€ Division, ASM Handbook on Additive Manufacturing, 2019.
- Guest Editor, Special Issue on â€œBioprinting in USAâ€, International Journal of Bioprinting, 2019.
- Advisory Committee Member, Solid Freeform Fabrication Symposium, 2009-present.
- Co-Organizer and Co-Chair, NSF CAREER Proposal Writing Workshop, 2016.
- Advisory Committee Co-Chair, ASME/ISCIE International Symposium on Flexible Automation, 2014.
- Co-Organizer and Co-Chair, NSF Workshop on Frontiers of Additive Manufacturing Research and Education, 2013.
- Member of Scientific Committee, International Symposium on Electromachining (ISEM), 2013.
- Member of Scientific Committee, CIRP Conference on Manufacturing Systems, 2013.
- Conference Chair, ASME/ISCIE International Symposium on Flexible Automation, 2012.
Rapid prototyping, additive manufacturing, intelligent manufacturing, virtual reality, CAD/CAM, robotics, mechatronics and automatic control.