Conventional Energy (combustion, IC engines, coal power plants, fluid and heat transport), Alternative Energy (characterization of solid oxide fuel cells, modeling of fuel cells, hydrogen technologies, alternative fuels, clean coal technologies), Environmental Science & Technology (air pollutants, particulates, measurement techniques), Various Fields (synthesis of nanoparticles, laser diagnostics, fire safety, thermal engineering)
- S. K. Vudumu and U. O. Koylu, "Computational Modeling, Validation, and Utilization for Predicting the
Performance, Combustion and Emissions Characteristics of Hydrogen IC
Engines," Energy 36: 647-655 (2011).
- I. D. Kellogg, U. O. Koylu, and F. Dogan, "Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Bi-layer Anode with Gadolinia-Doped Ceria for
Utilization of Solid Carbon Fuel," Journal of Power Sources 195: 7238-7242
- S. F. Rodgers, S. K. Vudumu, U. O. Koylu, S. L. Murray, and S. E. Grasman, "Hydrogen Safety in Power Generation Applications," Journal of the
American Society of Safety Engineers 55: 39-44 (2010).
- Y. Teng, U. O. Koylu, D. E. Hagen, and P. D. Whitefield, "Performance of the Mobility Sizing Technique Relative to Independent
Diagnostics for the Characterization of Polydisperse Soot Aggregates,"
Combustion Science and Technology 181: 1526-1548 (2009).
- J. W. Sheffield and U. O. Koylu, "A Rural Hydrogen Transportation Test Bed," International Journal of
Hydrogen Energy 34: 6000-6004 (2009).
- I. D. Kellogg, U. O. Koylu, V. Petrovsky, and F. Dogan, "Effectiveness of Anode in a Solid Oxide Fuel Cell with Hydrogen/Oxygen
Mixed Gases," International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 34: 5138-5143
- S. K. Vudumu and U. O. Koylu, "Detailed Simulations of the Transient Hydrogen Mixing, Leakage and
Flammability in Air in Simple Geometries," International Journal of
Hydrogen Energy 34: 2824-2833 (2009).
- I. D. Kellogg, U. O. Koylu, and F. Dogan, "Performance of Single-Chamber Solid Oxide Fuel Cells," Assessment of
Hydrogen Energy for Sustainable Development (Edited by J. W. Sheffield),
Springer, pp. 123-134 (2007).
- I. D. Kellogg, F. Dogan, T. Suzuki, U. O. Koylu, H. U. Anderson, and V. Petrovsky, "Single-Chamber SOFC Operating with Hydrocarbon-Air and Hydrogen-
Oxygen Gas Mixtures," Electrochemical Society Transactions 7: 971-980
- M. F. Chandler, Y. Teng, and U. O. Koylu, "Diesel Engine Particulate Emissions: A Comparison of Mobility and
Microscopy Size Measurements," Proceedings of the Combustion Institute
31: 2971-2979 (2007).
- A. Neer and U. O. Koylu, "Effect of Operating Conditions on the Size, Morphology, and Concentration
of Sub-micron Particulates Emitted from a Diesel Engine," Combustion and
Flame 146: 142-154 (2006).
- Y. Teng and U. O. Koylu, "Optical Sizing of Aggregated Particles: Computational Development of a
Two-angle Laser Scattering Technique," Applied Optics 45: 4396-4403
- B. Yang, B. Hu, and U. O. Koylu, "Mean Soot Volume Fractions in Turbulent Hydrocarbon Flames: A
Comparison of Sampling and Laser Experiments," Combustion Science and
Technology 177: 1603-1626 (2005).
- B. Yang and U. O. Koylu, "Detailed Soot Field in Turbulent Non-premixed Ethylene/Air Flame From
Laser Scattering and Extinction Experiments," Combustion and Flame 141: