Nanophotonics devices based on silicon photonics, plasmonics and metamaterials, light-matter interactions in photonic nanostructures, optical sensing, quantum dots, quantum optics and quantum information processing, solar energy harvesting, light emitting devices
Selected Journal Publications
- L. Li, W. Wang, T. S. Luk, X. Yang, and J. Gao, "Enhanced quantum dot spontaneous emission with multilayer
metamaterial nanostructures," ACS Photonics, 4, 501 (2017).
- W. Cao, X. Yang, and J. Gao, â€œBroadband polarization conversion with anisotropic plasmonic
metasurfaces,â€ Nature Scientific Reports, 7, 8841 (2017).
- J. Zeng, L. Li, X. Yang, and J. Gao, "Generating and separating twisted light by gradient-rotation split-ring
antenna metasurfaces," Nano Letters, 16, 3101 (2016).
- W. Wan, J. Gao, and X. Yang, "Full-color plasmonic metasurface holograms," ACS Nano, 10, 10671 (2016).
- Z. Li, W. Wang, D. Rosenmann, D. Czaplewski, X. Yang, and J. Gao, "All-metal structural color printing based on aluminum plasmonic
metasurfaces," Optics Express, 24, 20472-20480 (2016).