Dynamic modeling and control of micro- and nano-positioning systems, atomic force microscopes and additive manufacturing systems, volumetric error compensation, iterative learning control, multi-dimensional control, and signal processing.
- Loganathan, M., S.R. Kodandarama, and D.A. Bristow, "Bi-Harmonic Cantilever Design for Improved Measurement Sensitivity in Tapping-
Mode Atomic Force Microscopy," Review of Scientific Instruments, vol. 85, 043703,
- Sammons, P.M., D.A. Bristow, and R.G. Landers, "Height Dependent Laser Metal Deposition Process Modeling," ASME J. for
Manufacturing Science and Engineering, vol. 135, no. 5, pp. 054501-(1-7).
- Loganathan, M., S.R. Kodandarama, and D.A. Bristow, "Improving Measurement Sensitivity in Atomic Force Microscopy Using a Bi-
Harmonic Drive Signal," Review of Scientific Instruments, vol. 82, 103704, 2011.
- Bristow, D.A. and J. Singler, "Towards Transient Growth Analysis and Design in Iterative Learning
Control,"International Journal of Control, vol. 84, no. 7, pp 1234-1245, 2011.
- Ahn, H.-S. and D.A. Bristow, "Special Issue on Iterative Learning Control," Asian Journal of Control, vol 13, no 1, pp
- Barton, K.L., D.A. Bristow, and A.G. Alleyne, "A Numerical Method for Determining Monotonicity and Convergence Rate in
Iterative Learning Control," International Journal of Control, vol. 83, no. 2, pp. 219-
- Helfrich, B.E., C. Lee, D.A. Bristow, X.H. Xiao, J. Dong, A.G. Alleyne, S.M. Salapaka, and P.M. Ferreira, "Combined HÃ¢Ë†Å¾-Feedback Control and Iterative Learning Control Design with
Application to Nanopositioning Systems," IEEE Trans. on Control Systems
Technology, vol 18, no 2, pp 336-351, 2010.
- Bristow, D.A., J. Dong, A.G. Alleyne, P. Ferreira, and S. Salapaka, "High Bandwidth Control of Precision Motion Instrumentation," Review of Scientific
Instruments, vol. 79, 103704, 2008.
- Bristow, D.A., Tharayil, M., and Alleyne, A.G., "Optimizing Learning Convergence Speed and Converged Error for Precision Motion
Control," ASME J. of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, vol. 130, pp.
- Bristow, D.A. and Alleyne, A.G., "Monotonic Convergence of Iterative Learning Control for Uncertain Systems Using a
Time-Varying Filter," IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 582-585,
- Bristow, D.A. and Alleyne, A.G., "A High Precision Motion Control System with Application to Microscale Robotic
Deposition," IEEE Trans. on Control Systems Technologies, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 1008-