334 McNutt Hall
ROLLA, MO 65409
University Of Texas at Austin, Doctor of Philosophy, 1995
Ph.D. in Geology, Department of Geological Sciences, The University of Texas at Austin, 1990-1995.
MS in Geology, Geology Department, California State University, Fresno 1987-1990.
MS study in Exploration Geophysics, Geology Department, Northwestern University, China, 1985-87
BS in Petroleum Geology, Geology Department, Northwestern University, China, 1980-84.
PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYMENT AND RELATED EXPERIENCES
Adjunct Research Scientist: Institute of Geology and Geophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2006 ¿¿¿present.
Chair (2007-2010), Associate Professor (2005 to 2010), Assistant Professor (1999 ¿¿¿2005), Graduate Coordinator (2001-2007): Department of Geology, Wichita State University.
Adjunct Research Scientist: Key Laboratory of Continental Dynamics of the Ministry of Education, Northwestern University, Xian, China, 2002-2006.
Emission Evaluator: Texas Natural Resources and Conservation Commission, State of Texas, Austin, Texas (5-7/99).
Associate Research Scientist: Bureau of Economic Geology, The Univ. of Texas at Austin (1997 ¿¿¿ 99).
Exploration Geologist: Division of International Exploration and Production, Phillips Petroleum Company, Bartlesville, OK (9/95 - 11/97).
Lecturer in Geophysics: Faculty of Geophysical Exploration, Department of Geology, Northwestern University, China (9/84 - 11/87).
1. Sedimentology and depositional systems, including modern and ancient, siliciclastic (marine and nonmarine) and carbonate, and outcrop and subsurface studies.
2. Stratigraphy, including modern and ancient, siliciclastic (marine and nonmarine) and carbonate, outcrop and subsurface (core, wireline, and 2-D and 3-D seismic), and qualitative and quantitative studies.
3. Geological indicators of paleoclimate and climatic controls on sedimentology and basin filling.
4. Petroleum geology
Latest Scholars' Mine Publications
- Palynomorph and palynofacies assemblages of neutral-alkaline and acid lakes south of Norseman, Southern Western Australia
- Depositional and tectonic controls on architecture of the carbonate platform of upper Paleocene Khalifah Formation, Sirte Basin, Central Libya
- Depositional environments and cycle- and chronostratigraphy of uppermost carboniferous-lower triassic fluvial-lacustrine deposits, southern Bogda Montains, NW China - A terrestrial paleoclimatic record of mid-latitude NE Pangea
- Calcium carbonate preciptation [sic] mechanisms and geochemical analysis of particulate material found within the waters of Maramec Spring, St. James, Missouri