- Geosciences and Geological and Petroleum Engineering
Gao, Stephen S.
B-35 McNutt Hall
ROLLA, MO 65409
University of CA - Los Angeles, Doctor of Philosophy, 1995
Pure and applied geophysics with emphasis on earthquake seismology. Seismological investigations of the Earth's crust and mantle using seismic tomography, anisotropy, and receiver function analyses. Distribution of earthquakes in space and time, crustal deformation, and earthquake hazard prediction and mitigation. Areas of study include Brazil, China, Egypt, Ethiopia, Japan, Kenya, Mongolia, Russia, South Africa, the United States, and Zimbabwe etc.
Latest Scholars' Mine Publications
- Spatial variation of seismic b-values beneath Makushin Volcano, Unalaska Island, Alaska
- Mantle flow and lithosphere-asthenosphere coupling beneath the southwestern edge of the North American craton: constraints from shear-wave splitting measurements
- Upper mantle structure of the Saharan Metacraton
- Crustal structure and evolution beneath the Colorado Plateau and the southern basin and range province: results from receiver function and gravity studies
- Evaluating the effectiveness of multi-spectral remote sensing data for lithological mapping in arid regions: a quantitative approach with examples from the Makkah Neoproterozoic region, Saudi Arabia