- Biological Sciences
- Materials Research Center
- Geosciences and Geological and Petroleum Engineering
Mormile, Melanie R.
M-2 Schrenk Hall
ROLLA, MO 65409
University Of Oklahoma, Norman, Doctor of Philosophy, 1995
Faculty Excellence Award (2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008)
Missouri University of Science and Technology's Woman of the Year (2008)
Acidophiles, Alkaliphiles, Anaerobic Metabolism, Antibiotic Resistance, Astrobiology, Biodegradation, Bio-Energy Production Bioremediation, Environmental Microbiology, Evaporites, Extremophilic Bacteria, Fluid Inclusions in Salt, Halo-alkaline Lakes, Halophilic Bacteria, Halotolerant Bacteria, Hydrogen, Hypersaline Environments, Soap Lake-Washington State, Acidic Saline Lakes of Southern Western Australia
Latest Scholars' Mine Publications
- "Hairy blobs:" microbial suspects preserved in modern and ancient extremely acid lake evaporites.
- Active hematite concretion formation in modern acid saline lake sediments, Lake Brown, Western Australia
- Palynomorph and palynofacies assemblages of neutral-alkaline and acid lakes south of Norseman, Southern Western Australia
- The feasibility of using Bifidobacteria bifidum (ATCC 700541) for the production of prebiotic oligosaccharides
- Isolation and characterization of bacterial symbionts from Crotalaria spectabilis grown on trichloroethene contaminated soil