- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Intelligent Systems Center
Mechanical & Aerospace Engin
292 B Toomey Hall
ROLLA, MO 65409
Univ Of Minnesota Twin Cities, Doctor of Philosophy, 1987
Frank Liou currently serves as the Director of the Manufacturing Engineering Program. His teaching and research interests include CAD/CAM, and rapid prototyping/manufacturing. He has published over 150 technical papers and has grants over $8M.
Dr. Frank Liou is the Michael and Joyce Bytnar Professor of Mechanical Engineering Department, Missouri University of Science and Technology. He was the co-founder and has served as the Director of the Manufacturing Engineering Program at Missouri S&T since year 1999, and has successfully received several curriculum development funds and set up two scholarship endowment programs. He has received over $15M in research funding and published a book on Rapid Prototyping along with over 250 technical papers. Dr. Liou���s research excels in additive manufacturing (AM), including hybrid additive and subtractive processes, path planning, multiscale multiphysics process modeling, and AM process monitoring and control. His research has been funded by AFRL, NASA, NSF, and industries. Dr. Liou has received several teaching, research, and service awards, including several best paper awards. He is a senior member SME and a Fellow of ASME.
Modeling, Design, and Integration of Metal Additive Manufacturing Processes for Advanced Materials. Hybrid Manufacturing Processes for Rapid Manufacturing and Automated Repair.
Latest Scholars' Mine Publications
- A digital interface for the part designers and the fixture designers for a reconfigurable assembly system
- Integration of multiple vision systems and toolbox development
- Generic kinematic simulation for verification of laser deposition tool paths
- Development of a technique for testing of tensile properties with miniature size specimens for metal additive manufacturing
- A planning tool to predict the welding angle in laser metal deposition