- Rock Mechanics and Explosives Research Center
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Geosciences and Geological and Petroleum Engineering
- Mining & Nuclear Engineering
Gertsch, Leslie S.
203 Rock Mechanics
ROLLA, MO 65409
Colorado School Of Mines, Doctor of Philosophy, 1989
PhD Mining Engineering, BS Geological Engineering Colorado School of Mines; Employed by US Bureau of Mines, Earth Mechanics Institute, Colorado School of Mines, and Michigan Tech; Research sponsored by US Dept of Energy, NASA, NSF, and industry.
extra-terrestrial mining and excavation, rock mechanics, mechanical rock cutting, near-Earth objects (NEOs), mine planning, mine equipment selection, planetary surface operations, space resources, space exploration, sustainability of mineral production, Moon, Mars, asteroids, comets