- Rock Mechanics and Explosives Research Center
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Geosciences and Geological and Petroleum Engineering
- Mining and Nuclear Engineering
Gertsch, Leslie S.
203 Rock Mechanics
ROLLA, MO 65409
Colorado School Of Mines, Doctor of Philosophy, 1989
PhD Mining Engineering, BS Geological Engineering Colorado School of Mines; Employed by US Bureau of Mines, Earth Mechanics Institute, Colorado School of Mines, and Michigan Tech; Research sponsored by US Dept of Energy, NASA, NSF, and industry.
extra-terrestrial mining and excavation, rock mechanics, mechanical rock cutting, near-Earth objects (NEOs), mine planning, mine equipment selection, planetary surface operations, space resources, space exploration, sustainability of mineral production, Moon, Mars, asteroids, comets