- Computer Science
- Center for Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education and Research
- Intelligent Systems Center
McMillin, Bruce M.
322 Computer Science
ROLLA, MO 65409
Michigan State University, Doctor of Philosophy, 1988
Senior Member, IEEE; S&T/UMR Faculty Excellence Award Winner
Dr. Bruce McMillin is currently the associate dean for research and outreach in the College of Engineering and Computing and a professor of Computer Science at the Missouri University of Science and Technology (S&T). He established and leads the campus Center for Information Assurance and is a senior research investigator in the campus Intelligent Systems Center at S&T His research is on formal methods for fault tolerance and security in distributed embedded systems with an eye towards critical infrastructure protection, most recently focusing on security and dependability of the advanced electric power grid control (smart grid). His research has been supported by the United States NSF, AFOSR, DOE, and several Missouri Industries. Dr. McMillin has authored over 100 refereed papers in international conferences and journals. He is leading the distributed grid intelligence project of the NSF Future Renewables Engineering Research Center, an advanced smart grid architecture. He is a senior member of the IEEE and member and contributor to the SGIP Smart Grid Interoperability Panel and the NIST Public Working Group in Cyber Security for Cyber-Physical Systems. He currently serves on the IEEE Computer Society¿¿¿s Technical and Conference Activities (T&C) Executive Committee and as the Vice Chair of Membership and Geographic Activities for Special Technical Communities.
FACTS, Power Systems, Software Fault-tolerance, Cyber-Physical Systems, Computer Security, Cyber-Physical Security, Distributed Computing Theory, FREEDM
Latest Scholars' Mine Publications
- Structured object-oriented co-analysis/co-design of hardware/software for the FACTS powers system
- Energy balanced broadcasting through delayed intelligence
- Dual active bridge converters in solid state transformers
- Evolutionary computing driven search based software testing and correction
- Microgrid application with computer models and power management integrated using PSCAD/EMTDC